Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mosaic Girl


Some people don’t like mosaics, but I do. They remind me of life. These small pieces that make up a big work of art. They seem so irrelevant and meaningless on their own. Place them side by side, and they paint a wonderful picture.

I mean this blog to be a mosaic. My different interests and thoughts and readings.

My life is also a mosaic. Tiny incidents and experiences that by some strange miracle make sense to me. They gather together and make up a picture that Alhamdulillah – thank God – I’m satisfied with. Regardless of the broken pieces, I love the picture and my life.

My character is definitely a mosaic. Different sides that seem at odds, hard to place together. But they seem to work for people. And I know my small pieces couldn’t be in a better arrangement.

And it is that way for everyone, so love your small hidden pieces, your central pieces, the lovely picture that you make up, and the pictures that make up life with all the masterpieces and the flawed pieces. And love all.
------------
----

P.S. I will make postings in Arabic and English insha`Allah. The ‘central pieces’ I plan to post in both Arabic and English. But I make no promise that they will be copies of each other. I give myself the freedom to change and give you the freedom to follow the one you like.

No comments: